Nov 4, 2008

What makes America great



I took this picture as I was driving home on Tuesday, listening to election coverage on the radio. The sun was just setting behind the large snow-covered mountain to the west of our valley, illuminating the cloudy sky and the yellow fields that stretch as far as you can see. American flags lined the two lane road down the hillside and into the valley. The setting, eerily reminiscent of Obama's campaign logo, signified all that was right and beautiful about America.

I didn't vote for Obama, but in the end that isn't what mattered to me in that moment. Instead, what made the moment so memorable was the joy knowing that I had a right to vote, and that is what has made and will continue to make this country the greatest country in the world.

0 comments: